Wednesday, February 4, 2015

IT"S ALIVE!!!!!!!

Cora,
I see you. You are becoming real, not just a figment of my twisted imagination. The cardboard paper doll is evolving. Enjoy the innocence while you can. Life is going to blow like a leaf on the wind. Don't worry about death, we all face that eventually. Worry about what you are going to do with your life! I apologize in advance for the hell you are going to have to overcome. I know, it isn't fair. But you have a story to tell. Many won't understand or will fear you. It's ok, you have  allot to accomplish and so little time if what you choose to do has an effect. Hang in there kid, I know you can do it. Just don't quit.

You know, I always wanted to write military sci fi, but an idea struck me and I need to follow this one through. I've been thinking about it all day. This project will span from no tech all the way to future tech and every dark hole in between. I'm not going to tell you the story, look for it down the road when I finish it and send it up for 3 million rejections and maybe a self publish.

But Cora is who I am developing. She has to be strong because in her world, she is viewed as crippled. Not so much a physical deformity, but a perceived mental deficiency. Why put her through hell? Well, no conflict no story. That's the honest truth. I mean I could keep this sweet young lass in a crystal ballerina ball, but she would only gather dust on the pix-elated shelves of my many files that get saved and never revisited. I can't say if I'll even keep her name, Cora was just the first one that popped into my head.

In a way I feel heart broken for what she may have to face. Of course the sadistic side of my wicked mind makes one helluva arch villain. Hey...it'll be fun right? What I can tell you is that I deal with both the heroic and the dark ugly parts of the mind. Subject matter will include some very sensitive and painful topics. I suppose you could hate me for that. But Cora as she stands has the potential to do the most good or most harm not just to her little world...but to many others.

Even if she does the unthinkable, the heinous...I know I'll love this creation. She is the Frankenstein Daughter to my creative will.

Periodically I'll update this particular line. If I publish these bits, I think it will help me stay focus and on whatever course it leads.




No comments:

Post a Comment