Wednesday, February 11, 2015

F*** You I won't do what what ya told me!

I'm sitting at work with so many co-workers and Leaders telling me what I need to do to progress in my career. Finish your degree, it will make you more competitive. Volunteer, it makes you look good. Get three million sheaves of files on your past accomplishments, it will help Big Brother decide you need a promotion. FUCK YOU! I'm a writer dammit! It's what I do and when I get my time done it's what I will do till my fingers fall off and I am a pile of dust. Look, my job isn't bad. It pays the bills. As long as the bills are paid, I'm gonna pursue my life as a writer. But devoting all the extra time to what some leadership consider as progression? Nope, I'm stubborn. And then the cackles and the rolling eyes and looks of disdain crash into me like a convoy of Mack trucks.

" Listen, that writing stuff is cute as a hobby, really! But you can't ever consider it as a career! Come now, get your degree done so you are more marketable on the outside. Write your little stories and use them as a catharsis, just don't be a writer."

I hear it from friends and family too. I tell them, I can hold a steady job, but I want to be published...for real, by a real publishing company.

And so the bombardment continues to hail derogatory or negative energy bombs in my area of operations. I hunker down in my self built bunker of will and stubbornness, hoping it holds with each new blast.

Up side, I am a stubborn bastard. I LOVE telling stories. I love making characters come alive from my mind onto paper! So, conventionalism, Eat a Dick!

Anyways, this is my frustration for the day when I see too many people to include those close to me pew pew my endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment