Tuesday, February 3, 2015

It all started when....


Well, the whole point of this is to write even though I'm not working on my masterpieces that will inspire future generations (please insert sarcasm here). Seriously, I love to write and tell plenty of stories. I also love sharing ideas with other people whether they are writers or not. If you came here expecting me to be nice and politically correct...probably want to shut this down fast. My opinions are my own based upon personal experience and attitudes and this is reflected in writing style. If Fuck and Shit offend you...there are plenty of other tame sites out there. I often curse when I'm working through problems and issues. It's just who I am. On that same note, when I am writing it's from the heart and all the gooey syrupy stuff they call emotion. Personally I like to write in sci-fi genres with a bent towards military action of some sort or another. I get bloody, dirty and gritty. I am not a hard science writer. I believe in being ball deep in the mess of humanity. Gotta love that nastiness. Sites, smells, screams, hate, sex, cruelty, humanity, free choice and a stubborn streak to carry on when every thing sucks. Yup, those are the things I love about writing. Oh ya, I tend to write in short moments between work madness, so spelling isn't a priority. If that bothers you or if you are a grammar nazi, bear this in mind. This is my dart board or splattercanvas. It's not for finished or polished writing, I don't believe in doing that when I shoot out the vomit of ideas in my squirrely little head.
Ok, enough butt sniffing. Welcome to my humble if not stable mind. This is where I pour it out and don't stop.

The thing is, getting it from that black hole of a brain of mine down onto paper or pixel text is a real pain in the ass. Oh, got plenty of those ideas but getting that right character to fit into the right plot for the right reasons often makes me want to throw my monitor through a window. Not the rig though, that shit is expensive and feeds my other addiction of video games and the loss of those would probably land me in the looney bin. Geeky? You got it man! I am a bit on the video nerd side and damned proud of it. Of course that can be so fucking distracting when I should be typing away at a story whether short or epic long. Very dangerous addiction, worse than my infinite love for booze.

Of late I've been surfing the internet for other writer blogs to follow and read. I see so many come up with interesting writing challenges, some based upon genre and others based upon word count. Hmm...over 400 words already on my first post, I'm ever so proud. Anyways, I get a lot of ideas from conversations I read or musings of others. Currently, one of my favorite bloggers is hands down Chuck Wendig from http://terribleminds.com/ramble/blog/ . The guy is honest and up front. His writings aren't sci-fi per se but they are pretty cool. Go check him out.

Well, back to work. Wait work you say? But I thought you wanted to be a writer?! Ya I am a writer, but I also got to put a roof over my head and food on the table. Takes a long time to be the next David Drake or Stephen King or Robert Ludlum. Still got to eat and I'm not into starving. done that once and it blows donkey balls. So, I work a mundane job, and in fits of madness I drop a few lines here and there. Anyways, drop a line, or a beer, or share a smoke. We'll laugh together.

No comments:

Post a Comment